Possum Hunt Sign Ups
Hunt between Midday Thursday 20th June until 9:30am Sunday 23rd June 2019 ONLY. Weigh in 9am – 10:30am Sunday 24th June 2018. No weigh-ins
Te Ranga Community Hall, next to Te Ranga Primary School, 1492 Te Matai Road, Te Puke.
Two people: $30
Three people: $45
Four people: $60
Maximum four people per team.
1. All competitors must enter using the official entry form. Entries close at 7.00pm Wednesday 19th June 2019.
2. Entry fee $60.00 per team. Maximum of 4 per team . Individuals may enter at $15.00 each, 2 people at $30.00, 3 people at $45.00.
3. The duration of the hunt shall be fro m Midday Thursday 20th June 2019 till 9:30am Sunday 23rd June 2019 . Please hunt during this period only .
4. Possum counting will begin at 9:00 am at the Te Ranga Hall on Sunday 23rd June 2019.
5. All possums to be at the prize-giving at Te Ranga Hall before 10.30am Sunday 23rd June 2019.
6. All possums must be dead. This includes ‘joeys’ .
7. Possums may be shot, trapped or poisoned. If poisoning – please notify the organizers prior to Thursday 20th June 2019.
8. The Team Leader must hold a current Firearms Licence if team is shooting or a Poisons Licence if team is poisoning.
9. All firearms regulations must be obeyed by those shooting possums.
IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET.
10. Contestants must have owner’s permission and any necessary permits to enter and hunt on property.
11. Neither road kills nor frozen possums will be accepted .
12. No skinned or plucked possums will be accepted .
13. Mangled or badly disfigured possums will not be accepted as they may be upsetting to the public.
14. Shoot possums with a 22 rifle only. No possums killed prior to midday Thursday 20th June 2019 will be accepted. This will be at the organizers discretion and strictly adhered to.
15. Keep possums dry. Don’t store them in piles, plastic bags or drums. Keep them spread out to cool in a shed away from the sun and moon. No wet, gut shot, frozen, decomposing or “green” possums will be counted or accepted. Only possums bodies in good condition will be accepted.
16. All possums entered in the competition become the property of Friends of Te Ranga School as they may be skinned or plucked for fundraising.
17. The judge’s decision is final.
18. Neither Te Ranga School nor the organizers can be held responsible for the actions of anyone involved, especially with regard to personal safety. Every care should be taken by the contestants. Participants enter at their own risk .
19. Firearms Licences must be sighted at the prize-giving before any ammunition or firearms prizes can be claimed.
20. Contestants must register and be present at the prize-giving to receive spot prizes, or they will forfeit and be redrawn.
21. Other pest species will be accepted in a separate category. They will not count in the possum tally.
22. NO FIREARMS are to be brought to the prize-giving at the Te Ranga
Hall. TAKE THEM HOME AND LOCK THEM AWAY FIRST.
23. Pre-select the Heaviest Possum and the Best Fur Possum prior to arriving at weigh-in. Tags will be provided for these at the gate on the day.
24. This is a public event. Photos and videos will be taken on Gala Day Sunday 23rd June 2019 and will be used for marketing and promotion purposes.
No postponement date has been organized this year as there are now so
many hunts that it is very difficult to find an alternative date. Unless
the weather is extreme, we will not be postponing the hunt.
Friends of Te Ranga School.
Any enquiries email firstname.lastname@example.org